Friday, March 24, 2006

Details

What a busy week (and coming weekend....). Report cards, extra-curricular activities, Honduran-law requirements of recuperations exams, coordinating surprise baby showers...I feel like there are so many details constantly on my mind!

Details. It made me think of God's creation. SOOO many intricate, tiny, perfectly placed and planned details. Wow!
Creation constanly reminds us of God's power, presence, and upholding nature!

I was blown away when I saw these iguanas upclose while in Roatan. After a saga of events, my family finally made it to this little iguana farm. It is owned by a sister and brother trying to preserve the iguanas, which are eaten by many local people.

What neat creatures. Complex skin patterns, creative design, amazing mobility (able to move rather quickly on land and also to "lay" in the tops of very high trees to sun themselves).

I am thankful that all little details are truly in larger, wiser hands than my own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks T!

Anonymous said...

Ewww!
I am amazed that your whole family stretches out their arms to touch things. I seem to recall several pictures of you doing similar things at CCLAT 2000, MB. I guess those Schilthuis' are experiential people!

Anne