Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Risky Overflow

Life is full to the brim.
Not stuffed or crowded, but overflowing...and that word usually signifies blessings.

With the blessing of relationships comes sorrow and pain,
but only because we live and love in community.
In community we can be real.
And that reality includes sin’s brokenness.

I’m truly learning the importance of living by giving:
love, time, trust.
And in order to give, I need to be filled with the Giver.

Honest, unconditional love.
It hurts, twists my heart,
and involves an incredible amount of risk.
But it’s worth it.
And it’s commanded and taught by our Teacher.

Seeing hurt,
and wanting to feel and heal and alleviate.
Knowing that I’m so limited,
but also so privileged.
Knowing that I know the Healer,
the Redeemer,
I can continue to live out of His love.

May I be cautious and prayerful,
watchful and deliberate,
with all the relationships entrusted to me.
Conscious of the spiritual battle
and the wiles of Satan
and the power of our victorious Savoiur.
Living each day in His strength,
for His glory.

No comments: