Thursday, May 03, 2007

Our God of Details

I am constantly amazed at how God works in the tiny details of life. I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s an awesome reminder of His hand in all things!

I rarely receive snail-mail here in Honduras (read: almost never). However, on both of the two hardest days of my year, I received a card from two of my best friends!

The first hard day was when I handed in my letter of resignation to my school here in Honduras. That day, a mini-package arrived from Charlene with a letter, pictures, sweet mementos, etc. It was so uplifting!

Yesterday was the other hard day of the year; as you probably read, I told my students I would not be returning …and that night I also accepted a job. It was an emotionally draining day.
However, a card arrived from Christy. Wow!
Her card (in addition to be encouraging, as usual) had some Bible verses and quotes.
This one really spoke to me and encouraged me in my decision to step out and take the job in faith….

“Faith means striking out, with no clear end in sight and perhaps even no clear
view of the next step. It means following, trusting, holding out a hand to
an invisible Guide…faith is reason gone courageous.”
~ Philip Yancey
Thank you, God!

No comments: