Sunday, April 16, 2006

NEW LIFE

“Through [Christ] you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God” (1 Peter 1:21).

Triumphant!
Victorious!!
Risen!!!
Christ, the second Adam, has conquered death, sin, and hell.
He gives us new life, true life.
He is the life-giving Spirit, and therein lays our hope as Christians!

“…[Jesus] breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’” (John 20:22b).

Join with Edwin Hatch (1878) in praying:
Breathe on me, breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

Our comfort is to know that there is “no guilt in life” and “no fear in death,” but that we stand in the power of the Risen and Reigning Saviour Jesus Christ, our Lord
(In Christ Alone, Townend and Getty, 2002).

What a reason to celebrate and a reason to rejoice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How important to celebrate a RISEN saviour. So, he took on my sin and died for them. So what? He has conquered death for me! I am forgiven of my sin. Great lyrics to remember on a weekend such as this.
Anne

Theresa said...

Yes - without the resurrection we're still void of hope....