Sunday, March 16, 2008

Got hope?!

I want to expand on my citizenship post from last time, but not today. I'm still doing a bit of musing on that inexhaustible topic.
Today, I want to share a passage that came up in three separate things I read today.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear...." (1 Peter 3:15)

So it begs the question: is anyone asking us, the body of Christ, about our hope?!
Are we so proclaiming or even just living the hope - the truth - that people wonder about its purpose and source?
Do we even realize the depth of our hope?!

May the Lord open our eyes to the gracious gifts that are ours, in Christ, and show us how to live joyfully and purposefully out of that hope.

No comments: