Friday, March 14, 2008

citizenship

I am a Canadian citizen
and a Canadian resident.

And for those freedoms and privileges I am grateful.

Yet lately,
more than ever,
I have felt the weight of my eternal citizenship, which is in heaven.


What does it look like to be a Kingdom citizen here on earth, in Canada nonetheless?
Am I living in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ (Phil 1:27)?
I desire to proclaim, with the apostle Paul that for me, “to live is Christ” (Phil 1:21), but does my life resound with that proclamation?
I long to live - and even to die - for His sake.
But sometimes I struggle with what that looks like on a daily basis.

What does it really mean to “die to self” and "live for Christ" in the daily, “mundane” tasks of life?
Lord, how do you want me to serve you, for the sake and glory of your name?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOO appreciate how you are often able to put into words my thoughts and reflections. Amen on this one, my precious friend!

Sarah