Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Growing

Growing.
Sometimes I think I've come so far...and somtimes I realize how far I have to go. Today I was humbled to realize how young I still am in my faith and in my knowledge in general. I'm a long way from where I was 5 years ago, but there is still so much ahead for me to learn.
I guess that is called the Christian's journey of life and discipleship, but it is humbling to be reminded.

I also noticed today that many of my thoughts and actions are reactionary (whether positively or negatively) - reactions to the cultures I've lived in, the churches I've attended, the people who have surrounded me, the books I have read, etc. I guess to a large extent, most people's lives and thoughts are based on their experience to a certain extent. But I also know I need to be grounded.
I want to be humble in my thoughts - less critical or "assumptionary."
And grounded in God's Word.

There will probably always be a hundred different reasons and rationales and ideas about things in the world and in the church...and we'll continue to live and work together...but the theme that keeps popping into my mind is the need for me to be humbly and prayerfully grounded.

1 comment:

K said...

I love the word 'Abide' - to 'abide' in Christ. I know I don't fully understand it, and am constantly learning how to do so more completely - but there is great peace and joy within that verb.

(I think it's a verb - it also seems to be a place.)