Tuesday, August 14, 2007

family

I’m always super grateful that my parents let me crash at their place while I continue to do my “transition” thing. However, it’s always with mixed emotions that I go back there as a grown adult….In the end it was a huge blessing! Now that I’m “out,” here are some reflections….

Things I was reminded of while living with my family for a month this summer:
- No one can make me laugh quite as hard as my brothers (or at least they’re good competition for you, Sarah!)
- It’s much more fun to cook for a family (or a large group)…and even more rewarding when something I make passes the “brother taste test”
- I need my personal space / quiet time (which usually doesn’t happen there)
- I love having a piano available!!! (I miss it already here in my apartment)
- Family bonds run deep
- My parents are very generous
- I love playing games! Sports, card games, I’m in!
- My brothers affectionately consider me a true blonde
- Pets in the house aren’t my thing….but they still can be cute
- There isn’t always one “right” way….more often than not

I moved into my new place in London and love it! It’s a perfect size and a perfect location for me right now. I’ve spent a lot of time exploring the area, scoping out good rollerblade / bike trails, finding the bank, grocery stores, etc. After living up on the mountain for the past three years, living in the city is a welcome change! (I never thought I’d say that).

1 comment:

ADasa said...

Great post & I love the birthday pic! Good to see you 'around' again Theresa!! D