Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Isaiah

I have been reading through the Old Testament in as much chronological order as possible. As I am currently in the stories of 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles, I read the prophets that prophesied at that time.

I am currently reading through Isaiah.
I love that book of the Bible for many reasons.
For now, I just wanted to share a passage that I like a lot (especially the italics part).

Isaiah 26:7-9

The path of the righteous is level;
O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth.

Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.

My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.

No comments: