Sunday, January 04, 2009

Providence and Sovereignty

Providence. God’s “seeing before” and upholding of all things.
Sovereignty. God’s perfect and complete control of all things.
God’s perfect, rich, almighty, all-knowing plan, for the Glory of His name.

The riches of God have been so clearly revealed to me again through His Word and His gracious, gentle guiding. My heart bursts as I reflect on the past few days and the ways the Lord has again been instructing me, purifying me, and drawing me closer to Himself for His purpose and glory.

I stand amazed at this awesome God, Jehovah-Jireh, our Provider.

God’s Providence and Sovereignty are going to be my “theme” for 2009. I’m not really sure what that means since I’ve never had a “theme” for my blog before, but it has been made clear that I need to dwell further upon and delight further in our God as the great Provider.

* Recognizing, confessing, and enjoying God’ Sovereignty was the theme of the church service I attended with a friend on Jan 1st.
* God’s Providence and control in our lives was the theme of the LOGOS conference I attended Jan 1st-3rd.
* God’s Sovereignty was emphasized in my home church this morning.

* Even driving to church this morning, the song playing was "You Reign" by Mercy Me, which is about God’s Lordship over life and creation.

I look forward to reflecting upon, wrestling with, and praising the Sovereignty of God!

May this moment, day, and year be one infused with purposeful living, for the glory of God the Father.

(Please note: the descriptions of Providence and Sovereignty at the beginning are not meant to be definitions....I will expound over time).

No comments: