Saturday, January 12, 2008

"We Give Thee But Thine Own"

I was just playing through the Psalter Hymnal, enjoying the music but not reflecting much upon the words of the songs. I just finished We Give Thee But Thine Own and was about to move on when the title caught my attention. Whoa. I started to read through the words...and realized what a blessing this song is for me tonight. Lord, help me to truly continue to give back to you with open hands. May my dreams and goals and hopes be surrended at the foot of the cross and may I be purified in your love.

"We give Thee but Thine own,
Whate'er the gift may be;
All that we have is Thine alone,
A trust, O Lord, from Thee.

And we believe Thy Word,
Though dim our faith may be;
Whate'er for Thine we do, O Lord,
We do it unto Thee."

(verses 1 and 5; William Walsham How, 1823-1897)

3 comments:

sdouma said...

Thanks, yourself. :)

Jeffrey D. Murray said...

Hey Theresa! Yes, I have found your blog. My private investigator gave me the address the other day. ;-) How did you know?

And I thought I was so sneaky... sigh.

Jeff M.

robert said...

Whatever we offer the Lord, whatever we do in His name, He has equipped and prepared us to do. All the glory belongs to Him. Thanks for the reminder.