Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wisdom from Elliot

"The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived--not always looked forward to as though the 'real living' were around the corner. It is today for which we are responsible, God still owns tomorrow." ~ Elizabeth Elliot


"We accept and thank God for what is given, not allowing the not given to spoil it." ~ Elizabeth Elliot

I often struggle with always looking forward to the "next thing" rather than fully enjoying God's gracious gifts of the moment. These quotes really challenged and encouraged me! (Thanks Osanna!!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I also like these quotes Theresa. They are good reminders when I find myself think that 'real living' will happen when I return to the US in a few weeks. It's hard not to get caught up in the tomorrows and forget about the todays....