Monday, August 21, 2006

Full Heart

It is amazing how one's heart can continue to expand, even after it seems that you have reached the limits. "How can a heart be so full?" was the question I asked myself as I walked away from the buses today.
Today was our first day of school. I have 21 new 6th grade faces which I already treasure deeply. However, after school I also got to hug and chat and reunite with my previous students (now in 7th and 8th grade). What a blessing!! Thank you, Lord, for granting me this opportunity and sharing these precious children with me!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Theresa
Good luck with this school year. The students are lucky to have you as their teacher.

Anonymous said...

Theresa,

Ditto. God's blessings on the year ahead teaching. Does it feel any different from second year?

Anne

Theresa said...

Thanks, Anne. :)
Yes, I would say that the third year does feel different. Everything is even more natural, and I know so much more about the culture and the families.
I think each year definitely brings new joys and challenges (depending on the children), but my personal teaching is much better! :)
Thanks for asking!
Love Theresa.